Thursday, January 15, 2009

A little catch up...and a little fun!

Ok, I've only been blogging about things for which I have pictures and I've decided I don't want to limit my blog to only those events where my camera is handy! I'm going to try to blog two or three times a week about whatever is on my mind, or something that catches my eye. Now... I'm not going to promise that I'll stick to this goal, but I'm going to TRY my hardest! So- here goes! This is what's on my mind today:

  • I have an addiction. And it's Carrie's fault. I'm addicted to blogs about weddings!! I'm NOT even close to being married, and I'm not necessarily trying to pre-plan my wedding, but for some reason I just love looking at pictures and decor for weddings. I'm sure some of my future blogs will feature things I've seen on the tons of blogs I follow.
  • I'm trying to keep up my New Year's Resolution of reading 40 books in a year, and so far I'm doing OK. I've read three books - Twilight, New Moon, and Eclipse. These are all from the Twilight series by Stephenie Meyer and I was very reluctant to jump on the bandwagon. More or less, I thought they would be stupid and I hated all of the buzz the books were creating. But, then I realized that as a future high school English teacher, I should bite the bullet and read books that are relevant and interesting for that age group. Well, I'm glad I did because the books are amazing. Not only are they well written and suspenseful, but Meyer writes teenage angst as if the characters' minds were speaking out loud. I can see why teenagers have devoured these books (no pun intended)- they're exciting and different from most other book series out there. If you've got some time on your hands and can handle reading about teenage romance, I would recommend this series to you!
  • At work we started The Biggest Loser for the next 12 weeks. I'm going to WIN! All of us at work are counting points and encouraging each other to get healthier. We're only about 2 days in, but I can definitely say that it's going to be a lot of fun. Hopefully after 6 weeks I'm still saying it's fun... I'll keep you posted on my progress : ) I'll also let you know if I find any yummy healthy recipes!
I guess that's all for now... I've got lots of homework to do before next week, and Breaking Dawn, the last Twilight book, is calling my name! Stay tuned for a new update!

Now for a little fun- This is something I saw on one of the blogs I stumbled upon. The poster posted 7 things about herself, and then tagged 7 people to do the same. Unfortunately, Carrie is the only person I know who reads this, sooooo TAG! Carrie- you're it! I expect to see 7 fun things about yourself posted on your blog soooooon!
  1. Like I said before, I'm addicted to wedding blogs! Photography, invitations, table settings, cakes... I love everything!
  2. Also like I said before, I'm on book 4 of 40 for the year in my New Year's resolution, which happens to be book 4 of the Twilight series
  3. One of my hopes for myself is to become an amateur photographer (after I'm done with my teaching degree of course...) and decorate my future house with my own photography
  4. I think I'm in love with Chocolate and Oat Fiber One bars as a snack... and the cereal is pretty good too!
  5. I love postsecret.com and onesentence.org. For some reason, I love hearing about other peoples' lives and experiences. The postcards on the former site are sometimes hilarious and sometimes shocking, but always beautiful. The sentences on the latter sum up a story in only one sentence. It's amazing the emotion that can be conveyed in just a few words.
  6. I'm loving Matt Nathanson's music! Download him now!
  7. I discovered that I like peppermint tea- Thanks Matt! (even though I'm sure you dont read this...)
K Carrie- it's your turn!

No comments: