Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Resolutions! (Only a Few Days Late)

Ok ok ok... so I finally decided on a few resolutions I want to hit this year:
  1. Blog more & blog better- This includes a multitude of mini-resolutions such as blogging at least 5 times a week, tagging my blogs so I (and other people) can easily go through my archives and see subject matter, and taking more pictures of the everyday, mundane things in my life so my blog posts are a little more festive, and commenting on at least 2 blogs daily (I'm thinking one new blog a week?) I'm toying with the idea of setting a 'schedule' of sorts, so that each day I'll have a topic to blog about. Part of me doesn't want to be confined to a schedule, but the other part of me wants the accountability that a schedule brings.... thoughts?
  2. Read more - I alluded to this in my previous post, but I want to read at least 40 books that I choose for myself with no ulterior motive behind them (such as class requirements) and then blog about the books. I'm allowing myself to read Young Adult Lit because as a future English teacher I want to stay relevant; that doesn't mean I'm eliminating classics and adult literature from my reading list, though.
  3. SAVE MORE MONEY! That means stop shopping online at work or going to the mall on my lunch breaks (actually that shouldn't be a problem once I start class because I won't get lunch breaks - I'll be going to school).
  4. Be more health conscious. This should include a bunch of mini-resolutions, too, but I'm not sure I want to commit to them yet... What I was thinking was resolving to cook something healthy at Josh's house at least once a week (I don't cook at all at my parents' house where I live), exercising more frequently (or at all), and posting my progress here (that makes me super accountable which is something I definitely need in this area of my life). The mini-resolutions will probably begin in a few weeks, not right away.
  5. Staying in touch with my friends - This shouldn't really have to be a resolution, but sadly, it is. I have a core group of about 5 friends that I talk to all the time. However, I've also got a lot of very good friends that I know from various aspects of my life that I go for months without talking to. I'd like to start by sending hand written, homemade cards weekly or monthly, but I'm afraid that's too ambitious. I'm still toying with this resolution, too...
Anyways, that's what I've been thinking about for the last couple of days. I'm only about a week late, so it still counts, right??

2 comments:

Carrie said...

I can help with #5...See you and Josh February 6th

Melissa said...

Those are great resolutions! Although try not to make blogging feel like a job, it should be a fun way to express yourself :) Can't wait to hear about all the books you read- are you on goodreads.com? If so, we should be friends!