Monday, January 4, 2010

Where has the time gone!?

Sorry I haven't blogged much during the past week - I've been blissfully disconnected from the blogosphere while I was at Josh's during my "vacation." Don't get me wrong, I love love love blogging and reading other people's blogs, but it was really nice to just relax for a few days with no distractions. I read a few books and taught Diesel some new tricks! I hope everyone enjoyed their New Year's Eve/Day and is ready to welcome 2010 with open arms!

I realized I never posted pics of our Christmas decorations - which were pretty minimal. Anyways, here they are:

Stockings: Diesel's, Josh's, and mine (hung by the passthrough with care - no fireplace!)


The ceramic Christmas tree that my Great Grandma made in 1972. She passed away in August so this was our first Christmas without her here in person. She was definitely present in spirit, especially with this tree greeting me each time I was at Josh's house. It's one of the things I remember most about her house at Christmas and I was so glad to get it after she passed away :)



Kind of a blurry picture of the tree - I love how lit up it is!!



This is the only picture that shows the 'beautiful' John Deere tree skirt



Another tree shot



Side view - before the view was obstructed by wrapped presents! (and yes, those three Bed Bath and Beyond packages were for ME from Josh. They held the most awesome thick copper wire wine rack  and a set of crystal wine glasses! I'm spoiled :) )


No comments: