But I digress... I sound like I had a miserable time in Sin City, when the opposite is true. I loved it! I saw the Grand Canyon, Hoover Dam, and Route 66, too. I promise to post pics when I get back to the regular routine of my mundane life. Right now I'm far too busy catching up on laundry, reading other people's blogs, and spending time with Josh (who, as it turns out, has this crazy way of giving me butterflies in my stomach : ) I guess we're still in the honeymoon phase!) I even had finished 3 out of the 4 books that I brought with me! Only about 100 pages to go in the last book, which I plan on curling up with tonight (after I eat filet mignon with Josh, of course).
So, what did I do in Vegas? Here's the highlights. I'll expound more later:
- Saturday- drove down the strip, saw the lights, and CRASHED (into bed, not with a car). We had to get up at 4:00 to get to the airport on time. Needless to say we were all prettttty darn tired.
- Sunday - lounged by the pool (I don't think I've ever got tan lines from laying out at 8am), went to Caesar's Palace, ate at Margaritaville and Cheesecake Factory (mmmm tiramisu cheesecake, I love you), watched Cirque du Soleil Mystere at Treasure Island. It was pretty much amazing!
- Monday - Grand Canyon, Hoover Dam, and Route 66. Complete with a stop at Road Kill Cafe for dinner!
- Tuesday - lounged by the pool, went to the Price is Right at Bally's casino, ate at Rainforest Cafe, watched the pilot episode of Accidentally on Purpose starring Jenna Elfman and rated it for the folks at CBS. Got dehydrated at night, ate a Haagen Dazs lemon sorbet chiller (delicious, might I add).
- Wednesday - lounged by the pool, ate delicious stromboli at Four Kegs (the places off the beaten path are a little sketch, but the food makes it worth it!) where Guy from Diners, Drive Ins and Dives (you Food Network junkies know who I'm talking about) has visited. Visited Madame Tussaud's wax museum, then we went on a Murder Mystery tour with these awesome people!
- Thursday - Lounged by the pool, ate at the buffet at the Orleans casino and hotel, (which had about every kind of dessert you could ever think of), then walked off all of the calories we ingested down on Fremont St (the old-school strip).
- Friday - Lounged by the pool, ate at a pizza buffet, walked around all day, watched Criss Angel's Believe show (which was awful. He's much more magical on TV. Although he's pretty hot in person, he sucks at hiding the secrets behind his "magic")
- Saturday - CAME HOME!!! I've never been so happy to pull into my driveway. I was even happy to see rain. It was so nice : )
Like I said, I'll post some pictures when I have time!