Thursday, August 13, 2009

What's In My Carry-On?

Saturday I leave for Las Vegas!! YAY! I'll be out there for an entire week, staying at my family's time share at Tahiti Village (check out that Lazy River!!) I'm so excited. We've had quite the week so a vacation will be a nice little escape. We're also planning on visiting the Grand Canyon, Hoover Dam, and playing a little game show at Bally's (You may have heard of it... The Price is Right, anyone?? How excited am I!!). My stepmom has planned a murder mystery dinner trip and a show that's a big secret, so it sounds like my week will be fun filled for sure. So, the big question is what is in my carry-on? (What? That wasn't what you were wondering? Sorry...)

Since I have a whole glorious month off of school (which is now down to 2 weeks... booooo for time that goes by too fast!) I decided to start reading some of the books on my bookshelf. So far I have only finished one. Oh well... I'm taking four books to Vegas with me in hopes that between the plane rides, layovers, and car rides to and from attractions I'll have time to read. Plus, it's always good to have a book when laying out in the sun, right? So here's what's going to be in my carry-on:
  • American Wife by Curtis Sittenfeld: Based on the life of Laura Bush, this book is supposed to be pretty good. I'm IN LOVE with her other books Prep and The Man of My Dreams. She's a really really really super good author and I'm looking forward to cracking the binding on this book.
  • The Abstinence Teacher by Tom Perotta: About a teacher who causes quite a stir in a small conservative town when she decides to teach alternative methods of sex-ed.
  • The Undomestic Goddess and Remember Me? by Sophie Kinsella: Kinsella is the author of the Shopaholic series and I have yet to read these other books she wrote. The Undomestic Goddess is about a girl who secures a job as a maid but has never cleaned a day in her life. Remember Me is about a girl who suffers from amnesia. (Forgive me if these descriptions are less than perfect; I haven't read the back of the books in quite some time!) She also has a new book, Twenties Girl, that just came out a few weeks ago. I tried to get it from the library but they were all out : (

I'm excited for a little R&R&R- Rest, Relaxation, and Reading!!

No comments: