Saturday, June 5, 2010

200!!

Well... here it is! The 200th post and the debut of the new blog! (If I was more computer savvy I would have kept the new look under wraps and then did a big debut... but you got it a little bit at a time.  It should be finished now!)

Personally, I'm loving the new look, although I may be a little biased : )

If you're wondering where I got my page elements, here ya go:
The background and majority of the look came from A Blog to Brag About, and I used her Savvy Student template with dark hair and green eyes (for obvious reasons...). She also has a really adorable Domestic Diva and Baking Beauty template that would look adorable on a few blogs I know...
The font for the blog posts and side bar came from Kevin and Amanda's Fonts for Peas. It's Pea Faith and I worked my butt off to get it to work! I've actually learned a little bit about HTML coding which has helped me a lot because I've made little tweaks to my template and layout through HTML instead of blogger.
The main font for the header also came from Fonts for Peas. It's Pea Smashtastic in a Hurry (what a great name!). The smaller font ('from the' and 'of') is Sketch Block, which I downloaded from DaFont. I combined the two in Photoshop and made an image that I then uploaded into blogger.

It was quite a time consuming process, especially because it was also a learning process at the same time!


With the new look comes a new name for my blog. I've decided that Musings from the Middle of Nowhere really fits the 'direction' in which my blog is headed. I toyed with naming it something about teaching, or reading, or blogging... but in actuality, this is a lifestyle blog. I pretty much blog about anything and everything, from trips, to family, to random thoughts I'm having, and since I'm living about as far removed from a big city as a girl can get, Musings from the Middle of Nowhere just seemed to fit!

If it's not already obvious, I'm pretty excited about my new design and the new chapter of my life that's unfolding in a few short weeks!! I would love for all of you to join me on my journey as I transition from a banker to a teacher, and chronicle all the happenings of my life in a little town in the middle of the mitten!

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Happy 300th post! So excited about your new adventures.

Amanda (WannaBe Chef) said...

LOVE IT!!! The new name is perfect. I hope someday I have the balls to change up my blog, but HTML scares me and I'm afraid I'll lose all my pics or something...