Monday, June 21, 2010

Birthdays and holidays and cakes, oh my!

First off, I have to wish Josh's sister, Ashley, a happy 21st birthday!!!


Unfortunately, Josh and I aren't going to be able to make it up to Central Michigan University to celebrate with Ashley and all of her friends. However, we are all going on a weekend trip to Cedar Point Friday, courtesy of Josh's parents (thanks!!), so I'm sure we'll have a drink or two to celebrate in Sandusky!

Since yesterday was Father's Day, Josh and I hosted a small get together with my dad, stepmom, sister, and brother. Friday was my stepmom's birthday, so we thought we'd grill some steaks and enjoy our often overlooked picnic table. Lunch was really good! Josh is an amazing steak griller and seasoner, and he knocked it out of the park yesterday, grilling and seasoning his way through a migraine headache! Poor thing - I felt so bad for him, especially because my family has a tendency to get a little... shall we say... ridiculously loud... when we all get together. For dessert we had angel food cake with ice cream, fresh strawberries, pineapple, and whipped cream for a Create-Your-Own whatever you want for dessert. Mmmm... I love angel food cake with fresh strawberries.

After my family left, Josh and I went to his parents' house to celebrate Father's Day, his sister's birthday, and welcome his parents back from their Alaskan cruise vacation (!!!). We got to have birthday cake (YUM) and Cookies n Cream ice cream (ok, it's been years since I've had a bowl of Cookies n Cream, and I have no idea why I've stayed away... it's probably my favorite! It definitely hit the spot yesterday afternoon).

Then, since this day marks the beginning of the end for me, in a completely amazingly wonderful way of course, I had a sushi lunch with some of my Grand Rapids coworkers at a brand new place that opened up a few months ago. Delicious - although it's no Red Ginger. Unbeknownst to me, today was also my coworker's birthday, so his wife brought in a Cheesecake Named Desire ice cream cake from Coldstone. mmmm... Raspberries and cheesecake ice cream layered with graham crackers and yellow cake. Soooo good.

So that means I've had three different pieces of cake with various amounts of ice cream over the last 24 hours. Plus, my sister made a Snicker-Apple salad yesterday.... which means my sweet tooth has been very, very happy :)

How was everyone's weekend?

post signature

No comments: