Friday, June 18, 2010

Whirlwind Weekend Recaps: Part 3

Yeah... it's been awhile since I've been able to get some pics from Memorial Day up, but here are a few more! The second winery we went to was Chateau Chantal (and I wish I could post a bajillion more links to their wine, but for whatever reason, my place of employment has blocked their website. If someone could explain this to me I would be much obliged) and it was fantastic!!

This is the sign that greeted us in the parking lot... I thought it was funny.

Lindsey and Jenna at the winery sign. How amazing is that view behind them? I can't get enough of it


Amen to that!


We only bought 4 bottles, but they packaged them in a case! We felt like lushes when we walked out

The door to the winery part. Chateau Chantal also has a bed and breakfast-like hotel. This is where I want to stay next time. This winery definitely had an amazing view! It's situated up on a hill so you can see both the West Bay and East Bay from the parking lot. They're even expanding to make more room for me :)

Jenna and I in front of the sign

I bought their Celebration sparkling wine without even tasting it. And, don't hate me for this, but I kinda-sorta bought it because the label was really pretty. It's like a shimmery pink color and it just makes me want to pop the cork and enjoy some delicious bubbly.

The lady in charge of our tasting was from France! She had such an amazing knowledge of the wine and even helped my sister, who had never had any wine other than Arbor Mist, choose a wine she liked! Chateau Chantal was fantastic and I can't wait to visit again. I highly recommend this winery and hotel to anyone who is going to Traverse City.
post signature

1 comment:

Melissa said...

"Wine is bottled poetry." I love that!