Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Re-Cap!

Ahhhhhh I've been SO busy and I've been neglecting my little blog. So sorry... I have a lot to blog about, but no pictures :( Here's a quick recap of my weekend:
  • I got to see my BFF Jenna on Wednesday! We headed out for our annual trip to Gregory's Tavern in Ionia for the 'biggest bar night of the year' along with just about every other IHS graduate from the past 6 years... At one point I was wondering if I'm too old for that... but when I saw a few people who are WAY older than me, I decided I wasn't! It was nice to catch up with some old friends and drink beer from canning jars. ($5.50 pitchers of Coors Light is something to be thankful for) It was also fun to make fun of Jenna for the creeper who attached himself to her for the night. Oh- and why do some people insist on dressing like they're going clubbing in NYC? This is BFE Michigan, at a bar where you drink from canning jars and don't have to pay cover. (the fact that I was wearing leopard heels is neither here nor there. PS: Jenna - send me those pics and I'll post them!)
  • Josh and I survived our first split-time Thanksgiving. We started out at my mom's house where I purchased some Christmas gifts online (and then proceeded to cancel the orders the next day... long frustrating story...). Then we went to my grandma's house for the usual turkey/mashed potatoes/pickle roll goodness. After a few games of Apples to Apples, we left and headed for Josh's grandma's house. Mmmm... leftovers! There was an array of pies and sweets (his cousin made homemade baklava, and homemade chocolate baklava!!! delicious!) and my stomach was very happy. Then we went back to his parents' house and watched a movie with his parents, sister, and her boyfriend.
  • Friday I got up at 4am and rounded up the troops (aka my sister and 3 cousins) for our annual Black Friday trip. This is the 7th year we've gone and it's always fun, even though we rarely have anything to buy. I got some pretty good deals, mostly for myself. It's very frustrating to have a boyfriend who wears Tall sizes because they're rarely carried in stores. UGH! Josh and I put his Christmas tree up on Friday night and it's not the hideous disaster I imagined in my head. I'll post pics once I remember to charge my camera.
  • Saturday we went shopping- AGAIN! This time my brother and Josh came along with Josh's friend, Brandon, and Brandon's girlfriend, Jenna. We hit up a few stores in the mall and Josh coached me on what presents to get his dad. I know nothing when it comes to buying power tools. Then we stopped at Target for some Adopt-A-Family gift buying. This was a lot of fun and Josh's first time with something like this. I think he enjoyed it. I'm excited to know that we'll be making Christmas brighter for a little boy and girl (and I know that sounds lame and sappy but it's true. So stop judging me, Scrooge)
  • Sunday was our usual lunch with his parents and sister and relaxing at their house. We treated his parents to a movie in Ionia that night. Old Dogs was playing and it seemed like something they would like. It was a cutesy family movie with a couple of parts that were actually really funny. After that, we went back to Josh's house and wrapped a few presents while watching Four Christmases. I REALLY liked that movie! What's better than Reese Witherspoon and Vince Vaughn in a movie? Nothing, I say.
Anyways, I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving Weekend!! Only 25 days til Christmas!!

No comments: