Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Not too Shabby

My sister and I decided it would be nice to give my dad and stepmom pictures of myself, my sister, and my little brother for Christmas (now that I've typed that out it sounds very narcissistic). However, we are very short on cash (need I remind anyone of my endeavors to completely quit my job in an all-too-fast-approaching 7 months?) so we thought we could have my cousin Karlee take a few shots and see how they turn out before we approach a professional photographer. Between my aunt's DSLR and my Photoshop skills (which are minimal at best; I had a Photoshop class during my graphic designer phase in college but that was a looooong time ago) I think we've got a few keepers. They're all very posed and nothing like I look at everyday in my favorite photography blogs, but I think they'll work. See for yourself!


All of the pictures were taken at Bertha Brock Park in Ionia. In this one, I was scared shitless that I was going to fall off the bridge and into the murky brown water below.


This one is quite the conundrum: I like the composition of it as is, but I hate the chain-link tennis court fence behind it. I'm going to try and blur it a bit in Photoshop and see what happens.



This one and the next one have reminded me to lay off the carbs (oooh I love me a bagel in the morning! But it's going right to my thighs!)
 


We shot over 30 pictures that day, but between my brother and sister acting like dorks we only had a few that were good. Case in point:

 


As you can kind of see, I'm not impressed with their Vogue-ing (and I just realized that if I wasn't wearing 3 inch heels, my 'little' brother would be taller than me. Holy shit)

So we're going to try and spend the money on getting quality prints and frames. I'm hoping these look decent when they're actually printed out!
 

No comments: